Within Acorn Pre-school children should feel free to be able to express themselves, within their play, without the worry or restrictions of unsuitable clothing or footwear.
We will provide an environment where children feel comfortable and relaxed to enjoy stimulating and purposeful play both indoors and out.
We will endevour to use aprons where necessary to cover children whilst doing messy or creative activities, a child will not be excluded from an activity if they refuse to wear an apron. There may be times when the children will get wet, muddy or get paint on their clothes, therefore clothing that is suitable for these activities should be worn at every session;
- Clothing should be suitable for the weather conditions and any changes in conditions that may occur during the children’s sessions.
- Acorn Pre-school polo shirts and sweatshirts are available to purchase but it is not compulsory
- So that children are able to use the toilet independently, clothing that is easy to pull up and down are best. Buttons, zips and belts can often delay a child getting to the toilet in time therefore your child must be used to using them.
- All outer garments need to be named; cardigans, coats, fleeces and body warmers etc.
- Acorn Pre-school require the children to wear full fronted shoes and sandals to their sessions. NO flip flops, crocs and open toe sandals as these cause tripping hazards in the playground.
- Only small stud earrings to be worn to the children’s sessions. NO hoops or necklaces as these cause choking and tearing risks to the children. Other jewellery should be kept to a minimum, but preferably should be left at home.
- When the weather becomes warm, the parent should bring a named sunhat to the child’s sessions.
- When the weather is warm, please provide a light shirt to cover the child’s shoulders whilst outside.
- Parents are required to apply sun cream to the child before the sessions in warm weather.
- Please provide Acorn pre-school with a named bottle of sun cream minimum factor 30 and we will apply sun cream as necessary during the sessions.
- In the winter named Coats, hats, scarves and gloves need to be provided to the children’s sessions.
- A named bag with a change of clothes inside should be brought to each session, this should include nappies, wipes and nappy sacks where applicable.
To read the full policy, please click to open.Suitable Clothing Policy